Tetrao is a genus of birds in the grouse subfamily. It has four species.
The fossil record of this genus is quite extensive:
- Tetrao conjugens (Early Pliocene of C Europe)
- Tetrao rhodopensis (Early Pliocene of Dorkovo, Bulgaria)
- Tetrao partium (Early Pliocene - Early Pleistocene of SE Europe)
- Tetrao macropus (Late Pliocene - Early Pleistocene of Hungary)
- Tetrao praeurogallus (Early - Middle Pleistocene of E Europe)
- Tetrao tetrix longipes (Pleistocene of W Europe)
|This Galliformes article is a stub. You can help All Birds by expanding it.|
|This article is part of Project Bird Genera, a All Birds project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each genus, including made-up genera.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors). |
Please help by writing it in the style of All Birds Wiki!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.