| Automatic taxobox help
| Thanks for creating an automatic taxobox. We don't know the taxonomy of "Coeligenini".
- Is "Coeligenini" the scientific name of your taxon? If you were editing the page "Animal", you'd need to specify
|taxon=Animalia. If you've changed this, press "Preview" to update this message.
- Click here to enter the taxonomic details for "Coeligenini".
| Common parameters
|authority= Who described the taxon
|parent authority= Who described the next taxon up the list
|display parents=4 force the display of (e.g.) 4 parent taxa
|display children= Display any subdivisions already in Wikipedia's database (e.g. genera within a family)
| Helpful links
Coeligenini is a tribe of birds in the hummingbird family collectively called brilliants. They range from Costa Rica to South America. It contains the following species:
- Genus Eriocnemis – typical pufflegs (12 species, one probably recently extinct)
- Black-breasted Puffleg, Eriocnemis nigrivestis
- Gorgeted Puffleg, Eriocnemis isabellae
- Glowing Puffleg, Eriocnemis vestita
- Black-thighed Puffleg, Eriocnemis derbyi
- Turquoise-throated Puffleg, Eriocnemis godini - possibly extinct (20th century?)
- Coppery-bellied Puffleg, Eriocnemis cupreoventris
- Sapphire-vented Puffleg, Eriocnemis luciani
- Golden-breasted Puffleg, Eriocnemis mosquera
- Blue-capped Puffleg, Eriocnemis glaucopoides
- Colourful Puffleg, Eriocnemis mirabilis
- Emerald-bellied Puffleg, Eriocnemis alinae
- Genus Coeligena – incas and starfrontlets (13 species)
- Bronzy Inca, Coeligena coeligena
- Brown Inca, Coeligena wilsoni
- Black Inca, Coeligena prunellei
- Collared Inca, Coeligena torquata
- Violet-throated Starfrontlet, Coeligena violifer
- Rainbow Starfrontlet, Coeligena iris
- White-tailed Starfrontlet, Coeligena phalerata
- Dusky Starfrontlet, Coeligena orina
- Buff-winged Starfrontlet, Coeligena lutetiae
- Golden-bellied Starfrontlet, Coeligena bonapartei
- Blue-throated Starfrontlet, Coeligena helianthea
|| This article is part of Project Bird Subfamilies, a All Birds project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each bird subfamily, including made-up families.
|| This article is part of Project Bird Taxonomy, a All Birds project that aims to write comprehensive articles on every order, family and other taxonomic rank related to birds.