|Black-winged Ground Dove|
Metriopelia is a genus of ground doves containing four species that live in the dry, upland habitats along the Andean mountain chain in South America. They have large wings and orange skin around the eyes.
- Maroon-chested Ground-Dove, Metriopelia mondetoura
- Purple-winged Ground-Dove, Metriopelia geoffroyi
- Golden-spotted Ground-Dove, Metriopelia aymara
- Black-winged Ground-Dove, Metriopelia melanoptera
- Bare-faced Ground-Dove, Metriopelia ceciliae
- Bare-eyed Ground-Dove / Moreno's Ground-Dove, Metriopelia morenoi
- Gibbs, David; Barnes, Eustace; Cox, John (2001). Pigeons and Doves: A Guide to the Pigeons and Doves of the World. Yale University Press. pp. 349–354. ISBN 0-300-07886-2.
|40x30px||This Columbiformes-related article is a stub. You can help All Birds by expanding it.|
|This article is part of Project Bird Genera, a All Birds project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each genus, including made-up genera.|
| This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors). |
Please help by writing it in the style of All Birds Wiki!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.