|Green Thorntail, Discosura conversii|
Discosura is a genus of hummingbird in the Trochilidae family. The thorntails are sometimes placed in the genus Popelairia (Reichenbach, 1854), leaving Discosura for the Racket-tailed Coquette. On the contrary, some have argued for merging this genus into Lophornis, which they overall resemble, except for the highly modified tail-feathers of the males.
- Wire-crested Thorntail, Discosura popelairii
- Black-bellied Thorntail, Discosura langsdorffi
- Coppery Thorntail/Letitia's Thorntail, Discosura letitiae
- Green Thorntail, Discosura conversii
- Racket-tailed Coquette, Discosura longicaudus
- Remsen, J.V. Jr.; Cadena, C.D.; Jaramillo, A.; Nores, M.; Pacheco, J.F.; Robbins, M.B., Schulenberg, T.S.; Stiles, F.G.; Stotz, D.F. & Zimmer K.J. (2008): A classification of the bird species of South America. American Ornithologists' Union. Accessed 2008-07-20.
|This article is part of Project Bird Genera, a All Birds project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each genus, including made-up genera.|
| This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors). |
Please help by writing it in the style of All Birds Wiki!