|#1: Global Species||#2: ADW||#3: to be filled||#4: to be filled||#5: to be filled|
|Here is the top five sites.||I am here to show you the websites with out-dated taxonomy.||Do not be discouraged to browse them, but do not use them if you want to learn taxonomy.||Use Taxonomy in Flux (TiF) instead.||It might be advanced, but it gets the point across.|
Warning: angry me up ahead...
I was looking up the diet of the Crested Guan when I stumbled upon this website..
I thought "hey, I'm going to check out the Aves section...."
Lo and behold, look what I stumbled upon when I saw under the Ciconiiformes section.
- Accipitridae (Kites, Hawks & Eagles)
- Alcidae (Auks)
- Anhingidae (Anhingas, darters)
- Ardeidae (Herons, Bitterns)
- Burhinidae (Stone-curlews, Thick-knees)
- Charadriidae (Plovers)
- Chionididae (Sheathbills)
- Ciconiidae (Storks)
- Diomedeidae (Albatrosses)
- Falconidae (Caracaras, Falcons)
- Fregatidae (Frigatebirds)
- Gaviidae (Loons)
- Glareolidae (Coursers, Pratincoles)
- Hydrobatidae (Storm Petrels)
- Jacanidae (Jacanas)
- Laridae (Gulls, Terns & Skimmers)
- Pedionomidae (Plains-wanderer)
- Pelecanidae (Pelicans)
- Pelecanoididae (Diving Petrels)
- Phaethontidae (Tropicbirds)
- Phalacrocoracidae (Cormorants, shags)
- Phoenicopteridae (Flamingos)
- Pluvianellidae (Magellanic Plover)
- Podicipedidae (Grebes)
- Procellariidae (Petrels, Shearwaters)
- Pteroclididae (Sandgrouse)
- Rostratulidae (Painted Snipes)
- Sagittariidae (Secretarybird)
- Scolopacidae (Sandpipers, Snipes)
- Scopidae (Hamerkop)
- Spheniscidae (Penguins)
- Stercorariidae (Skuas)
- Sulidae (Gannets, Boobies)
- Thinocoridae (Seedsnipes)
- Threskiornithidae (Ibises, Spoonbills)
For starters... WHY?
Why are you using TAXONOMY from the 90s?
How ignorant can you get?
Have you been living under a damn rock?
You are worse than Animal Diversity Web (ADW)!
Oh-ho-ho-ho... it gets even better...
- Columbiformes (doves and pigeons))
- Galliformes (turkeys, grouse, chickens, quails, and pheasants)
- Piciformes (woodpeckers and close relatives)
....I'm not even gonna bother. >:(
Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) used to use this shoddy taxonomy, but it eventually updated.
Now why don't you update yours, Myers Enterprizes? Get with the program, for Chrissake!